Nick the Auditor...

Frustrations, ideas, rude comments and suggestions welcome.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Let's get it started

I figure it's about time I get one of these things together, since apparently everybody else is doing it. I also notice that I should only have to post once every month or so in order to keep up with the average, that shouldn't be a problem since I have loads of free time at work to do things like this.

So I guess I should give a quick update of what's going on in my life so we can get this thing rolling. If you don't know, I work for the mouse here in O-town, and I have the wonderful privelage of being everyone's favorite person. Yeah, that's right, they have made me the auditor. I get to audit all non Disney owned and operated companies that do business on Disney property (merchandise locations, hotels, restaurants, whatever). It's a good time, however, some people say it hasn't helped my issues with pride, since I get to boss people around all the time and they tremble in fear when I approach.

I started with Disney about one year ago as an intern while I was finishing up my Masters in Business Administration (MBA). When my internship was over, they offered me a full time salaried position. Shortly after that I purchased a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo near the Orlando Airport in a new development (which you are all welcome to come and visit and stay at). Needless to say they pay me way too much for what I do, and I'm even getting my own intern in a few weeks. I moved into my new place July 3rd.

Then on August 20th, I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 months, Jessie Holden. Of course, she said yes (see my pride shining through) and we are planning on getting married on July 22nd in Palm Beach Gardens. So far the plans are going well (I guess, since she's handling most of it). I hope that you will all give us a call if you ever come through town, so she will have the pleasure of meeting each of you.

With all that said, I will now open the floor to rants and raves about nothing in particular. I hope to be adding comments to this every week or so, but who knows, maybe I'll do it daily...

3 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger James said…

    All those years of accountability and near-constant mockery seem to have done nothing to diminish your pridefulness, so why should it stop now? It is nice to be able to follow along with the contestants back home, though. 'Preciate you keeping those of us in the 3rd world in touch.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Nick & Jessie said…

    Sorry Ward, but I don't think Disney has too many assets in the Louisville area for you to be auditing. I have yet to see any job openings at all for that location, although I have looked on occassion. And oddly enough, I haven't seen any openings in the Nairobi office either...bummer huh?

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger aaa said…

    Little Nicky. Not only do you get to blog...so do I. I'll be checking yours out 'cause you're dang silly. Plus, I think that a jock like yourself has a lot to tell the whole world since you got off the roids. Call me up and I'll arm wrestle you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home